Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Innocence Project

http://www.innocenceproject.org/

The Innocence Project works to exonerate the wrongfully convicted through postconviction DNA testing; and develop and implement reforms to prevent wrongful convictions.


One day I was just looking around the internet just reading about the judicial system and I came across this website called the Innocence Project. The Innocence Project is an organization who's one and only goal is to prove convicted men and women innocent by DNA testing. I am generally opposed to the death penalty because it's a proven fact that about 50% of death row inmates are actually innocent and I empathize with those innocent men and women. They have families that love and care about them and they lose so many years of their life in death row and if not proven innocent, they lose their lives. This in my opinion is just plain wrong and goes against what this country was built on and that is a right to life and happiness. This project means a lot to me and I plan on supporting their cause by donating to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment