Monday, October 17, 2011

College

Curfew is a law that has been disputed ever since it was implemented. The Illinois curfew law states that an individual under the age of 18 must be home by 10:00 on weekdays and 11:00 on weekends. It was only a couple of years ago when curfew used to be 11:00 on weekdays and 12:00 on weekends. Only after a sudden spike in teenage car crashes and deaths did the state heighten the curfew. Not only did they increase curfew, they increased the amount of driving hours one must have to complete in order to receive their license. These strict laws I feel are very unnecessary and not fair to the average teenager because they should not be punished for another kids wrong doing. I believe that as a licensed driver, that I should receive the same exact rights as each and every other licensed driver.
 When I am hanging out with my friends and we are having a lot of fun, only for it to be 11:00 and I have to go home is very irritating. Another example is when my friends and I want to go and see a movie. The latest movie we can see is at 8:00 if we want to be home by curfew. I feel that this law is too strict. I say that if you are coming home from a friends house, a movie, or a set destination that if you are going home, that it should not matter what time it is.


I believe that curfew should not be implemented on kids that fall under certain criteria. For one, if a teenager is not known for and has not committed any crimes, and is also a good student, and has not gotten in trouble in school. Another qualification which I stated earlier is that as long as the teenage isn't just driving around doing nothing then they should be allowed to not have a set curfew

3 comments:

  1. I love that you're adding issues of more personal interest to your blog Mikey. It adds a lot in terms of allowing your voice to show through. Keep that up. However, you're missing the two most recently assigned posts on the death penalty. Make sure that you stay up to date with these. Also work on using more specifics and details from the materials provided in your posts so that you can show more of what you know and not just what you think.
    Are you going to start posting on your outside reading soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently working on the two assigned blogs that I am missing and will be up by the end of the week. In relation to the outside reading book, I have started reading and plan on writing my fist blog in the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading a lot of your classes blogs and believe that there are a lot of smart kids associated with this class. I also believe that your points are valid about curfew and it not being fair to good kids, however you need to double check your grammer. The sentence, "For one, if a teenager is not known for and has not committed any crimes, and is also a good student, and has not gotten in trouble in school" doesn't make any sense.

    ReplyDelete