Monday, October 3, 2011

Curfew

College is supposed to be the best time of your life. However, getting there, can drive a man crazy. As a senior, you have to deal with so much on your own and it makes it very stressful due to the fact that you have to worry about if it's the right college and if you have all of the documents required and getting all of your counselor and teacher recommendations in on time. What makes college searching hard is that you have to take into account many factors, such as the school's location, overall size, class sizes, athletic systems, school spirit, environment, Greek life, and financial aid. For me education plays a huge role in my choice in colleges. I'm not going to just go to a Big 10 school or a D1 school with 40,000 just for the sports and the parties. I need a close relationship with my professor and small class sizes so I can recieve the individual attention. A large 40,000 school with every class in a lecture hall just can't give me that personal education. Another factor that plays in is the student enviroment. College is a time to meet life long friends and build relationships with other people. I want to go to a very social school and yes of course a school that throws some parties. However I believe that choosing the right school is one of the most important decisions in your life and I trust that I will make the right decision.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mikey! I like how you opened up your blog to other "issues" that do not exactly correlate with the class material. I definitely understand what you are saying. I feel the same way. I need a small school, close but far enough from home, with a reasonable price. Another big decision is choosing your major once you are accepted. Good luck to us both! :)
    -Jelly

    ReplyDelete