Saturday, April 14, 2012

Gun Control

Gun control is a very complicated topic. One in which there is no black and white answer. The Constitution gives us as Americans the right to own a firearm. I agree with this right that has been given to us. If you are a hunter then I believe that you should be able to own a rife or a shotgun. I don't believe that the reason why there are multiple gun related deaths in the United States is because of the amount of guns in the country. I believe it is the person with the gun who is the problem. Every year I go to Montana about twice a year. Everyone there owns a gun and is allowed to show it. In every pickup truck there is a rifle hanging in the back of the window. In Montana there are close to no deaths per year due to gun related violence. This is interesting because Montana has one of the largest amount of guns statewide. However you hear everyday in Chicago about someone in the bad parts getting killed by guns. In my opinion there should be gun regluations that accomodate the demographics of each state. Such as I do not believe that someone should be able to own a gun in the city of Chicago. Why would u need to own a gun in Chicago besides to kill someone. However if you are out in a rural area where there is a lot of hunting then I believe that it is ok. I also believe that automatic weapons should be available and ammunition should be much much harder to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment