Sunday, January 8, 2012

Book Post #2

Right before the actual book begins, the author adds a page of the Contractors Creed. It goes as followed: 

I am a U.S. contractor. I look out for myself, the operators to my left and
right, and no one else. I will always take advantage of the fact that I
can finally tell military officers to pound sand, and will do so at every
opportunity.

I am my country's scapegoat, the "plausible deniability"
warrior, and I love it.

Less than $700 dollars a day is unacceptable.

I am trained to eat things that would make a billy goat puke, but will
refuse anything less than 60 dollars per diem because I am greedy.

I care not for ribbon's and awards for valor. I do this job for the
opportunity to kill the enemies of my country, and to finally get that
boat I've always wanted.

I will be in better shape than 99% of the active duty personnel, although
this is not hard.
I will equip myself with the latest high speed gear, and will trick out
my M4 until it weighs more than 24 lbs, not because it works better, but
because it looks cool in the photographs.

I will carry more weapons, ammunition, and implements of death on my
person, than an infantry fire team, and when engaged I will lay waste to
everything around me.

In any combat zone, I will always locate the swimming pool, beer, and
women, because I can.

I will deploy on my terms, and if it ever gets too stupid,

I will simply find another company that pays me more.

I swear!

This creed really shows the dedication to their country. The creed shows the difference between a soldier in the U.S Military, and a private military contractor. A U.S soldier is very proper. They follow orders from their higher officers, and are very clean cut. Private military contractors don't have to listen to high ranking officers in the United States military because they are not affiliated with them. They have one goal and one goal only: kill the enemy. As we get towards the middle of the book, the author starts to talk about the different private military contractor companies. The one that the talk about in chapter 7 is the one in which my family friend has recently been hired too; that company is Triple Canopy. It is described in the book as new and aggressive contractor. Triple Canopy was derived from two Delta Team members (Army Special Forces) Matt Mann and Tom Katis. They started from scratch and now run a business that's worth over $100 million dollars. 

3 comments: